Saturday 24 September 2011

A very peculiar find

Whilst looking through different sites this morning, I saw an article about "World’s weirdest roadside attractions" and thought it would be intersting to read.

I liked John Buckley's 'Untitled 1986'.

This was the information given on the site.
A local radio presenter, Bill Heine, commissioned the sculptor John Buckley to create the fibreglass behemoth, which was craned into position on the 41st anniversary of the Nagasaki bombing. Despite the British weather and numerous bureaucratic objections, it has survived relatively unscathed since 1986.

This stood out to me the most out of all of the other examples because of the meaning behind the art. I have recently started to become more interested in History, so this piece reached out to me more than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment