Sunday 6 November 2011

looking at Nigel Peake

Trying to get back to my roots in my drawing style.
Pen and ink
Line qualities
Black and white/ monochrome
Illustration
Naive/ Folk art

What works by N.Peake influence me most...

This tower image has been taken from one of many of his publications, called "Small Town".


Nigel Peake's use of colour is really understated, they are dull, earthy tones, but still these small touches have helped to pull the drawing off of the page and make them seem more three dimensional, something i think me work is lacking at present.


I have unsuccessfully been drawing images and typography for the last 5 weeks or so. Nigel Peake's work above is what i want my work to progress into at the end of this degree;

Clean lines, deep colour, interesting images, creative illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment